Harry Potter G.o.a.t tour
As a Harry Potter fan, you probably made many people wonder how can someone enjoy the books, the movies, the wizard and its crew as much as you do. They should stop wondering, shouldn’t they? Instead of trying to convince someone to read a book or forcefully make them watch a movie about Harry Potter, why not bring them to a tour where they will be visiting some of the most astonishing landscapes in Scotland with you? They might in the end of the tour not been converted to wizardry but at least they will agree with you that what you saw in the movies and what you came to see in Scotland is very much worth seeing regardless of being a Harry Potter fan.
MAD GOAT would not focus your itinerary on just a theme for the sake of it. We appreciate that you fanatics fans of Harry Potter have loved ones that are not very much keen on the wizard. Because you may not be travelling by yourself we accommodate the itinerary to please them too. On your private tour we will be coming across castles, ruins, distilleries, if you would like to visit them you just need to let us know. By no means, you have to stick to what is proposed. Do not forget during the tour You are not led, you lead, the tour is yours! We are flexible and your tour can be adapted and changed according to your interests. During the tour if you want to skip one attraction to see other, want to stay at one for longer, it is completely up to you. We provide a list of attractions which are not mentioned below in case you would like to change or see something else. We are the only company which does this way.
- Approx. 12h00m
- Starting from an agreed pick-up point
- 1 to 5 people
- Glenfinnan Viaduct (Victorian railway viaduct first seen in Chamber of Secrets and also the place where Harry encounters a Dementor for the very first time in Prisoner of Azkaban when the Hogwarts Express stops at the bridge)
- Glen Coe ( This famous and dramatic volcanic Glen features in several background shots from Prisoner of Azkaban It was used for the location of Hagrid’s Hut)
- Loch Shiel (This gorgeous loch was one of two lochs used as a stand-in for Hogwarts Lake in the Harry Potter)featured in Prisoner of Azkaban and The Half-Blood Prince.
- Loch Eilt (Site of Dumbledore’s final resting place, and where Voldemort steals the Elder Wand in Deathly Hallows Part 1 and also the place where Harry and co. find Hagrid gloomily skipping stones out over the water in Prisoner of Azkaban)
- Dramatic and fantastic scenery (not just appealing to Harry Potter fans) with great stops along the way, where you will be able to explore even attractions which are not related to Harry Potter
About this tour
Our tours are always private and in your language (English,Portuguese, Italian or Polish).
The tour will be devised and scheduled according to your specific interests and needs.
Pick-up and Drop-off
Whenever you want to go
Our MAD GOAT guarantee
We ensure you that during this tour you will get to know stories and curiosities about the places visited as well as their historical context. However we do not give priority to historical facts as they sometimes can compromise a good tale
Comfortable shoes and clothes (If they are thermal or waterproof even better)
Tour does not include
Food and drinks
Admission to touristic attractions
£500 per day (from 1 to 3 people)
£550 per day (from 4 to 5 people)